Monday, September 16, 2013

Black Walnut Harvest

Yesterday Jenn and I harvested some fresh black walnuts off of the smaller trees in the field.  There are several trees at least 30-40 years old, but those we have to wait until they actually fall.



It took a few hours, but in the end we got a pretty good hall.


These ones will be used for a black walnut tincture.  If you take 3-4 drops per day, then you can rid yourself of parasites.  Everyone has parasites apparently (News to me).  So I'm squigged out and am totally going to make this tincture and try it out.  I have some for sale on my Etsy site.  I'm not too worried if they actually sell or not because I have more than a few uses for them!  I found this video on the "how to" that seemed the most appropriate.  You can do your own search, but here is what I found:




I also grabbed some of the walnuts that had fallen and were starting to decay to make a stain with.  I'll update on that one later.  Have a good day all!